Sunday, October 7, 2007

Chopstick Suey!!!

Its amazing how two little sticks can change the way someone eats. A friend and I made a silly goal to eat using chopsticks for one week. We either used them every other meal or with food that you could eat with a fork. This was a challenge for me because I hardly used chopsticks. Every meal that I had to use them, I made sure I had the right type of food in front of me. I ate everything from Oreos, Chicken Nuggets, and Spaghetti. What's really cool about this challenge was that I actually got something from it. I see this silly goal as something that was great to accomplish. I planned my meals which is something I normally don't do. The thing I learned from this was that I needed to plan out my goals better. Whether they are daily, weekly, or monthly. Having a goal in front of me and the challenge of getting it done in a certain time really made me want to achieve it. I think I'll be more goal oriented than every before.

1 comment:

Three Dot Inc. said...

It is great to see that instead of getting frustrated and pissed off by what might have been a struggle at times, you found the good in the challenge and pushed yourself to grow. A Job Well Done. Don't ever forget to push yourself, it will separate you from the other 95% of the population!